Not having been to Disney since the late 1970′s, we can’t say we remember much of it. For that matter, back then there was only one park to remember! Nevertheless, it leaves a lasting impression and we couldn’t wait to get back. In April 2008 my girlfriend and I took her two kids on their first trip. In July 2009, we took them on their second trip. November 2009 was our third trip, this time without the kids. For us the Disney Magic has become quite enchanting, inspiring a strong devotion to the exploration of everything “The World” has to offer. Hence the web address of ExploringWDW.com.
With fifteen trips in the history books in under five years, dare I consider ourselves “expert” Disney World visitors? One thing is for sure, we have learned a lot from these trips and the many hours of research and preparation leading up to each one of them, as well as the trials and tribulations of the execution of these plans as the entire family’s needs and interests change over the years. As devoted Disney World fans, we would like to use this blog to share what we have learned thru our own experiences, help direct you to what we consider to be the best available online resources, as well as collect input from enthusiastic readers, novices and experts alike.
To connect with us on Facebook, please like our page…
Our Disney World Trip Log. Blue denotes trips with the kids.
- April 1-8, 2008 (Caribbean Beach, with kids)
- July 8-15, 2009 (Caribbean Beach, buy four days, get three free deal, with kids)
- November 13-18, 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside, FREE Dining, no kids)
- August 26-30, 2010 (All Star Music, Two days of park admission comped from family cast member, no kids)
- November 12-17, 2010 (Pop Century, FREE Dining, with kids, MVMCP, upgraded Adult passes to APs)
- January 21-26, 2011 (Pop Century room only, AP Discount, no kids)
- August 23-30, 2011 (Beach Club room only, AP Discount, Passes for kids from Undercover Tourist)
- October 20-25th, 2011 (All Star Music, group rate for Pixelmania, AP admission, no kids)
- November 8-11, 2011
- November 8-9, 2011 (All Star Movies, AP Discount, no kids)
- November 9-11, 2011 (Saratoga Springs Two Bedroom Suite on points rented from dvcrentalstore.com, with kids but no park admission, with grandparents on comped passes)
- February 2-6, 2012 (Pop Century Preferred Room, FREE Dining, no kids, upgraded one pass to AP)
- April 27-30, 2012 (Coronado Springs, AP discount, no kids, upgraded a 10 day PH, WP, NE pass to AP)
- May 31 thru June 5, 2012 (Pop Century Pool view, no kids, AP discount)
- August 22-28, 2012 (Art of Animation family suite in Nemo section, room only, no discounts available, using APs and 10 day PH, WP, NE passes from Undercover Tourist for kids, used 4 park days, 2 water park days, and 1 Disney Quest day)
- October 3-7, 2012
- October 3-5, 2012 (Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village Savannah View on points rented from dvcrentalstore.com, Braedan only as reward for straight A’s on his last report card. Note to self: don’t make that offer again…)
- October 5-7, 2012 (Pop Century on AP discount, used 2 days of 10 day PH, WP, NE pass for Braedan)
- December 6-10, 2012 (Pop Century on AP discount, Solo Trip for Dave, meetup with TMIP crew for the annual Pixelmania gathering.
- January 30-February 4, 2013 (Pop Century for first three nights on AP discount, Boardwalk Villas for last two nights on points rented from dvcrentalstore.com)